Top Tips On Keeping Your Cat Fit
Back to blog
- Make sure your cat gets enough exercise – peak activity is early in the morning and in the evening.
- Increase play time – yes cats do love a good old play and toys such as a catnip or a laser pointer can give them hours of endless fun.
- Invest in toys that wiggle or move such as a ball – cats find these far more interesting
- Train you cat to return home using Tabcat – once familiar, they may even skip home.
- Don’t overfeed your cat – if they are looking plump, reduce their food intake.
- If you think your cat is overweight, visit your vet for expert advice
- Cats are carnivores – their bodies are designed to to process high protein and low carbs. Feed them good quality chicken, beef or fish.
- Ensure their eating area is on a different floor to their sleeping area – this will encourage stair climbing.
- Keep the exercise and quality diet consistent – cats just as much as humans will benefit from a routine.
- Most importantly, have fun!